Goals for New Atlantis
Spells and Items
- Repair dock: dock repairs and enhances all trade vessels and all of our warships if they take on goods.
- Propsperity table: Negotiations made over the table are more likely to result in mutually beneficial deal – with greater benefits for both parties than a one-sided deal would. Also, put a bargain effect on it. Agree to the bargain when you sign a contract on the table. Reneg on your contract, and you suffer a curse. As a result, our merchants can trust each other.
- Blackboard of clarity: improves the clarity of subjects written on it. Makes it easier to describe or reason about complex topics. Provides bonus to totals to teach and to do lab work. Possibly also to write books.
- Sacred geometries: set up divine auras, to Allah. No demons here!
- Fortifications, w/ weapons: the usual. Dig in and prevent invasion by sea. Keep harbors and their approaches safe for merchants.
- Automatons: Land and sea? Some defensive, but many help building or economy.
- Storm towers: can send a storm out to sea to disrupt incoming enemy fleets. Can also break up an incoming storm, protecting the harbor.
- Grain silos of preservation: ward agaisnt vermin & rot.
- Aqueducts & sewers: non-magical, but built magically, so ubiquotous. Automatons to build same.
- Sewage treatment plant: separate the refuse into 3 parts: clean water, clean fertilizer for the fields, and bad stuff. Mutate the bad stuff into more fertilizer.
- Water desalination / purification plant: purify all the drinking water. Less disease.
- Fishery-enhancing outflow pipes: outflow pipes from the sewage treatment plant make the water better for fisheries. Makes for lots of fish right close to the harbor.
- Automaton of soil enrichment: breaks up rocky earth & mixes it with fertilizer from the plant (which is transported by automaton). Perhaps enhances the soil directly / magically. Not individually owned – used communally to enhance soils.
- Terraformed shorelines: entire shore of Crete is eventually either cliff or harbor. The harbors are deep, sheltered, and in cities. Undersea automaton does all the reshaping.
- Stone cart automaton: takes my stuff around to where it should be. Also, a couple may exist for general haulage work.
- Great tree farm: oaks and hardwoods grow fast – 1 year to full maturity. Provides raw materials for craftsmen.
- Communal verdant polyculture farms: take care of feeding the populace, using Medeterranean polyculture, so variety of food crops. These farms & the fisheries keep the entire populace well fed & growing.
- Individual farms: non-magical farms, owned by farmers. Entirely for cash crops, especially tea & coffee (in our mountains). We want to spread caffeine around the sea. Also, a drug that won’t ruin the culture that grows it.
- Water heating stones: both for hot water and for steam?
- Communal baths, laundries, and dishwasheries. Promotes cleanliness, community, and centralizes low-value labor, decreasing the amount of time populace as a whole must spend on it.
- Fire suppression stations. Also, most of the city is earthen buildings, so less important.
- Magically-built long-lasting stone buildings: perhaps by automaton, perhaps by me. In either case, create buildings acccording to a plan that makes for good civil utility, and reduce fire danger and time spent on required construction.
- Lecture hall of the gentle gift: suppresses the social penalties of the gift while inside. Does not otherwise act like Parma Magica, so less than the ritual in the book. Also, same thing for some social spaces, and one open-air market. Each of these ares have multiple entrances, so magi and mundanes can avoid each other until within the protective area.